Infusions To Lower Cholesterol
Before you discover how herbal teas can lower cholesterol, you need to know that these natural remedies aren’t magic. You need to change your diet and daily habits to get the best results. Here’s how you should take these herbal teas
- The recommended dose is 2 cups per day
- Drink after your main meal
- Don’t always take the same thing, take a break and choose a different one
If you have cardiovascular problems, these teas are not recommended because they contain caffeine. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose of 2 cups and avoid taking it overnight.
Cholesterol is a natural part of our bodies, a type of fat that can lead to serious health problems when accumulated due to poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle. In rare cases, high cholesterol does not cause disease, but when it does, it can lead to diabetes, polycystic ovaries, and hypothyroidism.
Before you learn to lower your cholesterol with infusions, you need to know that these natural remedies aren’t magic, so you’ll need to change your diet and daily habits to get the best results. These teas are rich in antioxidants, and their ingredients act on good cholesterol, helping to raise it and lower bad cholesterol. Here are the benefits of these teas.
- Green Tea: Green tea prevents your gut from absorbing too much cholesterol, making it ideal for preventing strokes and heart attacks.
- White tea. Of the three teas, white tea has the lowest caffeine content and has the same benefits. In addition to being recommended for lowering cholesterol, it is also used to treat poor blood circulation and triglycerides.
- Black tea: Widely used for weight loss, but also effective for people with high cholesterol levels. Because of its antioxidant and cleansing properties, it can help flush out toxins from the body.
If you have cardiovascular disease, these teas are not recommended because they contain caffeine, it is recommended not to exceed the recommended dose, 2 cups a day, and avoid taking them in the evening. To prepare these herbal teas, you can buy them in bags or bulk at flower stores. Just bring the water to a boil and add a tea bag or a teaspoon of dried tea of your choice.
In addition to being able to extract cholesterol-lowering ingredients from this plant, you can also use all of its parts, flowers, roots, and leaves, so you can incorporate it into your diet. Because of its diuretic properties, it can remove toxins from the blood, not only in people with high cholesterol but also in people with uric acid. For this soak, you need to take a teaspoon of dried leaves, mix it with the roots and let it boil in boiling water for a few minutes.
This Plant Should Not Be Used In The Following Situations
- If you’re pregnant.
- If you suffer from heartburn or ulcers.
- If you’re taking antibiotics or medications containing lithium.
- If you have stones in your gallbladder or kidneys.
Artichokes are a food that needs to be added to your diet to lower cholesterol, and you can also use them as an infusion. The fiber in this vegetable helps remove cholesterol from bile and pass it out of the body in the stool, thereby reducing cholesterol formation in the liver. Boil two pieces of artichoke leaves in a cup of water for 15 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Because of its ingredients, Milk Thistle is ideal for treating liver disease, gallbladder and lowering cholesterol levels, because it regenerates liver cells and helps them not to get sick. It has a slightly bitter taste, so it is usually eaten in capsule form. To prepare a soak milk thistle, add a teaspoon of crushed berries to a glass of water, let it sit for 15 minutes, and drink it during the day.
Garlic is one of the most commonly used seasonings in cooking, but due to its properties, it has many more uses. Garlic prevents cholesterol from accumulating in the arteries. Therefore, it can be used not only in flavoring dishes but also as a simple cholesterol-lowering infusion. In this infusion, we add the green tea due to its rich fragrance, but the first thing to do is to crush two cloves of garlic, place the tea bags with boiling water, let them stand for 5 minutes, strain, and add one and a half lemon juice.