What Are The Common Side Effects Of Heart Medications?
Not all medications are the same, and not everyone uses them the same way. Most of the time, they improve our lives by reducing pain, helping us fight infections, or controlling certain diseases in our bodies, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. However, this isn’t always the case, and they can cause side effects for people. Are the side effects caused by a medicine? Many are mild, such as stomach pain or dizziness, and go away when you stop taking the medicine. Others may be more serious. Allergies are another type of drug side effect. They may be mild or severe. Skin reactions, such as hives and rashes, are the most common. In that regard, we suggest that when you start taking a new medication, whether it’s prescription or over-the-counter, you need to make sure you understand how to take it. Therefore, it’s best to ask your doctor or pharmacist about the best way to take it.
Side Effects And Common Medications
The Center for Information on Medicines (CIM) at the College of Pharmacists in Seville noted in an interview that the wayside effects of a drug are handled depends on the patient and the drug itself. “It’s not a general rule that you have to take another medication if you vomit, or stop the medication if you have gastrointestinal problems. It always depends on the person, on the drug, on the disease you have, on the medication you’re taking. In this case, it always depends on each case and each drug, so it is best to ask your doctor or pharmacist what you should do. In addition, it is not advisable to take it with a meal, because in some cases it is contraindicated”, he said. Therefore, the main possible side effects of the drugs most commonly used by patients are:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. One of the most common side effects is a pain in the stomach, especially if the patient belongs to a high-risk group (patients with peptic ulcer or gastric disease). In such cases, doctors say they will consider prescribing gastroprotective agents. It should be taken immediately after or with a meal.” Anti-inflammatory drugs tend to raise blood pressure and can make symptoms worse when taken by people with high blood pressure. If this happens, you should talk to your doctor about using another anti-inflammatory drug that does not cause these side effects in another family,” he warns.
- Paracetamol: To make it more effective, it should be taken before each meal. The main problem it can cause is affecting the liver.” It is hepatotoxic and I am currently taking a lot of paracetamol. In fact, we have patients who are taking up to 3 grams a day, which is a very high dose and almost obliterates the toxicity, which can eventually lead to liver problems.” He went on to say.
- When you start taking them, you may notice that your symptoms get worse in many cases, especially in the first two weeks.” This is normal because of the mechanism of action of the medication. After this time, you will begin to feel the effects of the medication. You may experience insomnia as well as nervousness and anxiety. If treatment must be stopped, it should be done gradually and always under the supervision of a doctor,” he added.
- Oral contraceptives can often cause vomiting. So if you vomit within three or four hours of taking it, you should generally restart it (but you should go to the pharmacy to check your specific case).
- Antihistamines for allergies and hives Garcia points out that it is very typical for them to cause drowsiness. Therefore, it is best to be very careful when driving or operating heavy machinery, or if the patient has a job that requires attention. It is recommended to take it at the same time every day, but because of this effect, it is recommended to take it at night, even if the effect lasts all day.
- Nitroglycerin: A patch or transdermal tablet for heart problems or a rectal ointment for anal fissures. It can cause headaches, which can be treated with painkillers, but will go away if you stop treatment.” But if you have a cholesterol problem, you need to see a doctor because just because you can remove it doesn’t mean you should. You have to gradually withdraw while looking for another option to treat your disease.” Experts warn.